To ensure that families are supported during the school closures due to Covid-19, school districts in Lane County are providing meals at various times and places across the county. Below is information that was posted on each of the school districts’ websites in alphabetical order. We have also listed general resources for families who might need help with food. Click here for a PDF of the list: Where to Get Meals for Kids in Lane County During the School Closures-updated 4.1.
Last updated 4-1-20.
Bethel School District
Bethel School District has created 12
Blachly School District-Triangle Lake Charter School
TLCS will be offering drive-up to-go bagged meals for students during the school closure due to COVID-19.
- Bags are available: Mondays and Wednesdays, 11:00am-12:00pm
- Monday bag contains breakfast/lunch for Monday/Tuesday
- Wednesday bag contains breakfast/lunch for Wednesday/Thursday/Friday
- One bag per child per pick up day
- Bags are available for all children under 18 years old (and any enrolled students that are over 18)
- The children do not need to be present in the car to receive the bag
Please follow these pick up directions to help keep our staff and families safe:
- Drive up to the main gym entrance and stay in your car.
- A staff member will ask you how many bags you need. They will place that number of bags on the table and step away.
- Then an adult can get out of the car and get the bags.
- The table will be cleaned after each family.
- Please form a line and stay in your car if there is already a car at the pick up location.
Creswell School District
Grab and go meals (breakfast and lunch) will be served curbside at Creslane Elementary School from March 30 to April 28, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Any student actively registered at Applegate Elementary School or Crow Middle/High School on March 13, 2020 is eligible to participate.
To enroll, simply call 541-935-2100 and speak to Lee Ann, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Those already participating in the program are not required to contact us.
In order to prepare the proper number of meals, we must hear from you.
Pick up times are from 11:00am to 12:30, Monday thru Friday at Applegate Elementary School beginning March 30.
If you need delivery, please let Lee Ann know, and she will make the arrangements.
Eugene 4J District
Free grab-and-go meals are now available on weekdays at 16 locations to all students and youth 18 and younger. There is no income requirement or need to qualify. Students do not need to be present to receive a meal.
Please keep in mind that social distancing rules must be observed at all times. Staff, students and families picking up meals must maintain at least 6 feet of distance from any person who is not a member of their immediate household.
When: Monday–Friday, 11 a.m.–12 p.m. (unless otherwise noted)
- Arts & Technology Academy, 1650 W. 22nd Ave.
- Chávez Elementary School, 1510 W. 14th Ave.
- McCornack Elementary School, 1968 Brittany St.
- Acorn Park (12:15–1 p.m.), corner of Buck Street and West 15th Ave.
North Eugene Region
- Awbrey Park Elementary School, 158 Spring Creek Dr.
- Howard Elementary School, 700 Howard Ave.
- North Eugene High School, 200 Silver Lane
- Gilham Elementary School (MWF only), 3307 Honeywood St.
- Holt Elementary School, 770 Calvin St.
- Sheldon High School, 2455 Willakenzie Rd.
South Eugene Region
- South Eugene High School, 400 E. 19th Ave. (back of building, by the cafeteria)
- ECCO, 200 N. Monroe St. (behind the district office)
- Mims House, 330 High St.
Fern Ridge School District
- The VES “drive-through” location will continue to operate.
- We have 13 routes occurring, however there are only a couple stops on each route. They are at locations where the bus can stop safely, and turn the engine off.
- At these sites the meals will be served out of the back of the bus
- The drivers will place cones on the ground at the back of the bus to maintain social distancing when we have large groups at a stop.
- We hope that the vast majority of folks will be able to either make it to VES, or one of these stops.
- The stops/routes are listed here.
- If you CANNOT make it to one of these locations, and would like meals delivered to your house, and left on the front porch, we will do our best to accommodate this. We will be using our activity bus to deliver to individual locations. To get us this information, to request a drop off at a house, please leave a message on the school phone of one of your students front offices.
- Phone numbers are:
- VES: 541-935-8225
- EES: 541-935-8214
- EHS: 541-935-8200
- FRMS: 541-935-8230
- The information you need to leave in the message includes: Number of kids that need a meal, the address, and a phone number to call you in case there is a problem or we need more information.
- To have meals delivered that day, we need these messages left by 8:00 AM.
- You only have to leave the message once, and you will be added to the delivery list for every day going forward. To cancel delivery, call and leave a message with your address and let us know you are cancelling.
- Phone numbers are:
Junction City School District
Meals can be served to any person under the age of 18 or age 19 if the person has disabilities. One breakfast and one lunch per child.
Junction City School District will be serving breakfast and lunch at the Laurel and JCHS Cafeterias. Breakfast and Lunch serve times are from 9:15 AM to 10:30 AM. Families should plan to take both breakfast and lunch off site during this time. Children do not have to be present at these sites.
At Laurel: Pick up meals in the back of Laurel going into the cafeteria.
At the high school: Pick up the meals at the doors going into the cafeteria by the little pump house (next to gravel lot).
Beginning Monday, March 23rd, we will be providing mobile pick-up locations.
If you live outside of the city limits and are unable to access any of the pick-up locations, please complete the request form and we will arrange delivery for a weeks’ worth of breakfasts and lunches for each child.
If you have a friend or neighbor who will require delivery but does not have access to the internet, please check in with them and submit a form for them. They can also call Katie Bradford at 541-998-6311 x5621 if they don’t have access to internet.
Lowell School District
Starting Tuesday, March 24, 2020, we will be delivering, by van, bagged breakfast and lunch to each bus and van stop on the Lowell School District bus and van routes.
Each day, lunch, and breakfast for the following morning, will be dropped off to each youth present at the bus stop. The delivery will follow the same routes as the morning pick up of students. The routes will begin at 11:00am and will finish at approximately 12:30pm. To calculate the approximate time of the food delivery, add 4 hours to the time that the student is normally picked up at that bus/van stop. For example, if your student is normally picked up at 7:08am, your approximate time to pick up the food delivery will be 11:08am. These times are approximate and we are doing our best to maintain the schedule. These deliveries will arrive vial Lowell School District vans.
Youth are able to receive their meals from any bus/van stop and do not have to use the stop that they normally use for school.
We will continue to have meal pick up at Lundy Elementary from 11:00am – 1:00pm as well. Please remember that youth, ages 0-18, must be present to receive their meals either from the bus stops or at Lundy.
Mapleton School District
At this time, Mapleton School District will be providing nutrition services Monday, March 16-Thursday, March 19 and Monday, March 30-Tuesday, March 31. If the closure goes beyond March 31, the District will look for guidance from the Oregon Department of Education regarding options to provide educational opportunities to our students.
Our current plan is to provide opportunities and locations for families to pick up breakfast and lunch for students each afternoon. The following are locations and times for pick up:
- Deadwood Store, 2:30-3:00pm on 3/16, 3/17, 3/18, 3/19, 3/30, 3/31
- Swisshome Church, 3:10-3:40pm on 3/16, 3/17, 3/18, 3/19, 3/30, 3/31
- Richardson Bridge (near the tracks), 2:10-2:40pm on 3/16, 3/17, 3/18, 3/19, 3/30, 3/31
- Sweet Creek Road at Bernhardt Creek pull out, 3:00-3:30 on 3/16, 3/17, 3/18, 3/19, 3/30, 3/31
- Mapleton High School, 2:00-4:00pm on 3/16, 3/17, 3/18, 3/19, 3/30, 3/31
We will be contacting all families on Monday, March 16 to determine if families choose to participate.
Marcola School District
We will continue to offer pick up and delivery of food to our families every Monday and Wednesday from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. If you know of someone who may need assistance with food service, please contact us at 541-933-2512.
McKenzie School District
Week of 3/30/20: We will be delivering 5 days of meals. Deliveries will be on Monday (M/T/W meals) and Thursday (Th/F meals). Delivering on the 2-hour delayed bus routes. Please meet bus at your stop. Follow this link to view the menu: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12mKvQ-emQxkcPQusZxXn-CDcq1Wz2uPv/view?usp=sharing
If you need to fill out or update your responses for the meal survey follow this link: https://forms.gle/gN85XXZhkKrbZPTs6
Oak Ridge School District
Lunches are available to Oakridge School District students during the school closure Monday-Friday 11 AM – 1PM Locations: Oakridge Baptist Church Oakridge High School – Main Entrance. Bus delivery routes may be coming soon.
Pleasant Hill School District
Grab & Go breakfast/lunch from 10:30 am – 12:20 pm at Pleasant Hill Elementary School.
Siuslaw School District
The Siuslaw School District will continue to provide breakfast and lunch to our students and families
during the mandatory school closure. Please go to https://go.aws/3bDE1Ir for serving sites and times available
as well as the bus delivery sites and approximate serving times. If you are not able to make it to a site
and need food and/or resources, please call the district office at 541-997-2651. We want to ensure that
every student has access to meals and educational materials.
South Lane School District
For children, 0-18 years old, free grab and go breakfasts and lunches will continue to at these locations and bus stops. Children do not need to be present for a meal to be picked up. These meals will continue every weekday through the state-mandated closure.
8th & Arthur 9:00
Bohemia Park 9:15
16th & Pritchett 9:25 new
16th & Ostrander 9:30 new
22nd & E. Whiteaker 9:40
2424 Whiteaker Ave. 9:50 new
Faith Ctr. on Row River 10:05 new
125 Gateway Blvd. 10:20
11th St. & Lord 10:40
Saginaw Trailer Park 11:00
948 S 6th St. 9:00
Harrison & 10th 9:10 new
700 E. Gibbs Ave. 9:20
Frontier Trailer Park 9:40 new
Goodwill/Dollar Tree lot 9:40
Holly & River Rd. 9:50 new
Birch Ave & J St. 10:00
Bohemia Elementary 10:10 new
5th St. near Madison 10:25
River Walk Place 10:40
Springfield School District
Springfield Public Schools will continue to provided hot to-go lunches with a breakfast for the following day for all children 1 – 18 throughout the extended school closure.
Meals will be available Monday – Friday, from 11 am – 1 pm at the following school locations:
- Centennial: 1315 Aspen St, Springfield, OR 97477
- Ridgeview: 526 N 66th St, Springfield, OR 97478
- Two Rivers – Dos Rios: 1084 G St, Springfield, OR 97477
- Guy Lee: 755 Harlow Road Springfield, OR 97477
- Yolanda: 2350 Yolanda Ave, Springfield, OR 97477
- Agnes Stewart: 900 S 32nd St, Springfield, OR 97478
- Walterville: 40589 McKenzie Hwy, Springfield, OR 97478
- Maple: 2109 J St, Springfield, OR 97477
- Riverbend Elementary: 320 N 51st St, Springfield, OR 97478
* Note: Families can pick up meals at any of the schools listed.
Please note that this is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all available services.
For information about St. Vincent De Paul’s food resources click HERE.
For information about the Community Sharing Program in Cottage Grove, click HERE.
For information about the Florence Food Share, click HERE.