Free support for kindergarten parents!
Parenting is not easy; when you add in a pandemic and remote learning, parents are having to work even harder to keep it all together.
You are not alone! Join other parents dealing with similar struggles and feel supported, share ideas, and get evidence-based parenting strategies to ease some of the burden.
What is KITS At Home?
KITS At Home features an evidence-based and award-winning parent group curriculum within a supportive and encouraging environment free of judgement. Topics include:
- Supporting learning at home
- Strategies to help children follow directions
- Developing children’s social-emotional skills for school success
- Parent self-care and support
- Join a small group of parents and a KITS facilitator to meet online for an hour, once a week. The groups last for 8 weeks.
- An optional second meeting each week will focus on how to build your child’s Social Emotional Skills.
- Attendance at every session is NOT mandatory. Come when you can. Facilitators are available to provide missed content.
- A variety of times and days are available. Enrollment is rolling. Groups will start as they fill.
- Parents choose their preferred language – English or Spanish
- Groups meet virtually via video or call, (laptop, tablet, or phone).
- Families receive a $20 meal stipend each week they attend the parent support session. At the end of the 8 weeks, there is a raffle for a $100 gift card.
Who is eligible?
Parents or caregivers (for example, grandparents, other family members, foster parents) of a child who is currently in kindergarten in Lane County.
If you think that you may have trouble getting access, KITS staff will work with you to find a way for you to join the groups.
- “… KITS At Home helped me to be more aware of the things I already do to facilitate learning with my kindergartner. I also learned some new strategies to reinforce positive behavior.”
- “Hearing other parents’ stories and struggles was helpful. Knowing I wasn’t alone.”
- “I liked that there were clear activities to practice at home that were not elaborate.”
Want to find out more?
Hate making calls? Fill out our interest form below and we will contact you!
Or contact Denise at Denisef@oslc.org or 916-205-6851 (text is ok).