Raktivist: An activist who practices Random Acts of Kindness
Mamma knew what she was talking about when she said, “Be Kind.” Turns out that sharing kindness is like chicken soup for our innermost selves.
According to Life Vest Inside, kindness improves these FIVE hormones that help us emotionally, socially, and physically.
- Serotonin helps us to feel happy, calms us down, and heals our wounds. The bonus here is that, when we share a kindness, it not only increases serotonin in the giver but also in the receiver and everyone who witnesses the act.
- Endorphins are the brains’ natural pain killer, three times more effective than morphine!
- Oxytocin, the cuddle hormone, increases our ability to bond socially, helps us clam down quickly, promotes trust and generosity, strengthens our immune system, and promotes love. Whew that is a lot of duties for one hormone!
- Compassionate people have two times the DHEA, which is responsible for slowing down the aging process.
- Kind people also show 23% less Cortisol in their system. Since this is the “stress” hormone, we can effectively say that MORE KINDNESS = LESS STRESS!
Let’s teach our kids more about how to be an activist for kindness today, so they can live their BEST LIFE tomorrow.
Find 19 words that describe KINDNESS!
Solve the puzzle with your kids and choose to perform one Random Act of Kindness per week. Keep a happiness diary (maybe even a video diary) to help you remember all of the cool experiences you and your children have had. The results will be stunning!
DOWNLOAD the puzzle here: KITS Raktivist Puzzle (Find a link to the solution below.)
Enjoy a relaxing moment coloring with your kids!
Another way to remind ourselves that being a RAKTIVIST is awesome!
DOWNLOAD the picture here: Cool to be kind coloring page
DOWNLOAD the solution to the Raktivist Puzzle here: KITS Raktivist Puzzle SOLUTION